The General Litigation Division focuses on lodging cases with entities such as the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) and the bargaining councils of the respective industries, with a view to settle such cases.
Process for general litigation
- The member calls Solidarity Legal Services and is advised either telephonically or through correspondence.
- A mandate form is faxed to the member or sent to him by e-mail.
- The member should return the completed mandate together with an explanation of his complaint, the signed appointment contract and all relevant information.
- Member status is checked and the documents are sent to a litigant to be handled as a legal enquiry or a file is opened.
- The litigant determines the merits of the case.
- Call Solidarity Legal Services’ General Litigation Division at 012 644 4344.